Wondering what your child learns at each grade level? You’ve come to the right place! We have aligned our curriculum materials to the new Common Core Standards, making it even easier to see the correlation between what your child is learning in class and the resources and materials we utilize. You can view the detailed information at the Common Core Standards website.
The Common Core State Standards Initiative website describes the Common Core Standards as follows:
These standards define the knowledge and skills students should have within their K–12 education careers so that they will graduate high school able to succeed in entry-level, credit-bearing academic college courses and in workforce training programs. The standards:
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strengths and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all students are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society;
- Are evidence based.